Tuesday, September 22, 2009

AUTUMN, 2009 NEWSLETTER

Linda Rettstatt
~~~
Writing for women--
Stories of strength, love,
humor, and hope.




Autumn, 2009 Newsletter


Dear Friends and Family,

2009 has been quite busy. Many of you are wondering what I’ve been up to and when the next book is coming out. I know this because several of you have emailed repeatedly, asking,
“When’s the next book coming out?”
I’m very pleased to announce the September 1 release of
The Restoration of Abby Walker
from Wings ePress.


Abby Walker Mulgrew is counting on two things to breathe life back into her marriage: the Alaskan cruise she and her husband, Wil, have planned, and the see-through negligee she has purchased for the trip.

Within the first twenty-fours hours of the cruise to celebrate her twenty-fifth wedding anniversary, however, Abby receives the one gift she least expects.

~ * ~

Two other novels have been contracted by Champagne Books for publication in 2010. Next Time, I’m Gonna Dance is scheduled for January, 2010 release, and Shooting Into the Sun will be available in May, 2010.

In other news, my new contemporary romance novel, Wake-Up Call, is now under the representation of Anita Melograna, agent with
Crosswind Agency.

My article, It’s Only Too Late If You Don’t Start Now…, will be published on Sunday, September 27 in the Memphis Commercial Appeal My Words column.

And I have a new roommate. Her name is Olivia. She weighs nine pounds, prefers Fancy Feast, and sleeps just about any place she desires. Yes, I am now owned by a cat. Actually, I rescued her, then she returned the favor. She’s being very gracious, so far, in allowing me free range of the apartment. But things could change at a moment’s notice if I don’t clean the litter box on time!

~ * ~



While you’re waiting for the next new release, kick back and enjoy any of these books available from Wings ePress, Inc. at: http://www.wingsepress.com/ or at http://www.amazon.com/
This is also a great time to do your early Christmas shopping!

(Signed copies are available directly from me upon request.)

~ ~ ~

Writing tip: Write every day. It’s not so important what you write as it is that you write. The jury is out among writers as to the validity of writer’s block. Some of us swear it doesn’t exist; others who have been caught in the quicksand of the inability to structure a meaningful sentence beg to differ. That’s not the point, though. The point is, to be a writer, one must write. You cannot always write what you want to write, but you can always write. Perfecting one’s skill requires consistency, practice, and the sharpening of one’s tools. So, write a novel, a short story, a poem, or a very descriptive shopping list.
Just write!

Links:

My website: http://www.geocities.com/lindarettstatt

My blog – One Woman’s Write: http://www.lindarettstatt-author.blogspot.com/

My publishers: http://www.wings-press.com/ and http://www.champagnebooks.com/

Contact me: lindarettstatt@yahoo.com


I hope you have all enjoyed a relaxing summer.

Linda

No comments: