Monday, February 21, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


I've been honored by author Sandra Cox with the Stylish Blogger Award. I am supposed to post a link back to Sandra's blog.




And I’m supposed tell you seven secrets about myself. Oh, boy. I’m not sure I have seven secrets. Here goes:

1. I have a secret desire to speak Italian.
2. I worked as a semi-professional folk musician for ten years. (Semi-professional means I played for the love of the music, not the money.)
3. I once bought a car for $50.00 and ran it for two years.
4. I got over my fear of heights by taking a hot air balloon ride over Sedona, Arizona.
5. I talk to my cat as if she is another person, and sometimes I wait for an answer.
6. I harbor the dream of winning the lottery, buying a big, old house on the eastern shore, and opening a writer’s retreat.
7. I almost got married once, but then realized it was probably more important that I breathe.

Now, I get to nominate other bloggers for the honor.

My nominees are: Kimberley Dehn/Kept by Cats…Writer Interrupted and Lynn Romaine/Women Writers Underground.

4 comments:

Infogypsy said...

Thanks, Linda for the nomination (www.womenwritersunderground.blogspot.com). It's funny how hard it is, for those of us who share everything in our lives, to come up with secrets. A singer - I'd never have guessed that one. I don't have anything that exotic. Our family runs more to shocking (for some) secrets. Thanks again for the nomination

Sandra Cox said...

Fascinating stuff about yourself, Linda. Let me know when you open that retreat:)

Anonymous said...

Since I'm rebuilding a writers blog (http://keptbycats.blogspot.com) I'm thrilled by your award. I'll take good care of it and pass it on to worthy bloggers. Also, I'll be the first in line when you open your writer's retreat!

Therese said...

I've been to Sedona, and it's beautiful. I bet it was breath-taking in a hot air balloon. My husband tried to talk me into a hot air balloon ride last year in Napa Valley...I was a chicken. Congrats on the award! Let me know when you get that writers' retreat open!