Friday, March 13, 2015

M.J. Rich - Reinventing Christmas

Women Weaving the Stories of Women's Lives - National Women's History Month. Meet M.J. Rich, the heroine from REINVENTING CHRISTMAS.


You may have heard the saying, "You can't go home again." That's not true. You can go home again. Just don't expect things to be the same as you left them.

I love my family. They're everything to me. They're crazy and loving and fractured. But they're mine. When I decided to spend Christmas at home instead of at a ski lodge with my ego-driven boyfriend, I thought I'd be walking into something like a warm embrace where I could just relax and be myself and enjoy the holiday.





Boy, was I wrong. It didn't help that a blizzard hit and I got stranded at an airport halfway home. I was brought up to be cautious with a long list of things you never do. I'm sure somewhere on that list is: You never share a rental car with a strange man in an airport and drive half way across the state of Pennsylvania with him. I'm very sure that list included: You never, ever share a deserted mountain cabin with a strange man in the middle of a snowstorm. And then turn around and invite him to join you and your family for Christmas.

I've discovered that, when things don't go the way you anticipate, when what you knew to be true has changed, it's time for reinvention.

REINVENTING CHRISTMAS is a sweet contemporary romance available at Amazon.com and in trade paperback at Champagne Books.

No comments: