Monday, September 29, 2008

My Newsletter and Other News

I've started a newsletter to keep my friends and fans abreast of what's happening with my books. If you'd like to join, follow this link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lindarettstatt/

I expect the newsletter to be published every other month (unless a lot of great things happen in between:) I may make an occasional special announcement, but you won't be overwhelmed with email from this loop. It is not a chat group, so members cannot post to the group list.

In other news (since I've already published my October newsletter): I had an opportunity to meet with Tracy Farrell, an executive editor with Harlequin. Let me first say, Ms. Farrell is a delight and took the terror out of 'my first time' (for a pitch, that is.) As a guest speaker for the River City Romance Writers, Tracy's discussion was informative and enlightening about the current climate of publishing, especially in romance and related genres.

I'll be attending the New Jersey RWA conference at the end of October, where I'll be pitching a different manuscript. The workshop lineup for this conference looks great, and I'm looking forward to networking with other authors, agents, and editors, and meeting a few friends.

Now, I'm going to go and write something. :)

Linda

No comments: