Monday, January 1, 2024

Another Year, Another Wish for Peace


It's the first day of a new year. Snowflakes are drifting down to whiten the grass and coat tree limbs and the top of the fence. It's almost noon, and I'm still in my pjs. No planes have zoomed over in the hour I've been here. It's quiet. Peaceful. So much so, it's hard to believe that outside the house, in other places out in the world, wars are raging and people are dying--for what? Power? Hatred? Refusal to accept one another? I think those in power all need to come and sit with me in this quiet space. Watch the few snowflakes falling. Listen to the sound of peace and quiet. Breathe it in. Let your soul feel what peace can be like.

Wishing you peace in the coming year.

                                                                     Linda

No comments: