Monday, December 31, 2012

Turning the Page on a New Year

It's that time of the year when we look back on what has been and then look forward with hope and promise to what might be.

2012 was a good year in so many ways. Two of my books were published and three more placed under contract for 2013.


Champagne Books         Wings ePress    
One of my novels, Love, Sam, won the 2012 EPIC eBook Award for Mainstream Fiction. After finaling four times, this was a huge event. I admit it made me smile and cry and dance and then dust the corner of the mantle to make a space for the award.

I learned I was nominated for the 2012 Author of the Year at Champagne Books.


My sister came to spend a week and we had a great time catching up and taking a few short walks down memory lane.

I got an idea for a new book set in a New England college town. This led me to Henniker, New Hampshire, the home of New England College, to vacation and do some research. Beautiful place to visit.

I made the brave decision to end my relationship with Lady Clairol and to go au naturale. I have to admit the new color is growing on me (no pun intended.)

It's been a year of continued world conflicts and wars. A year of political controversies and drama driven by partisanship. The upside is that people have certainly gotten more involved--or at least more vocal--about their concerns.

We saw tragedy strike across our country because of weather events and human madness.


My hopes for the New Year are that, first, Congress will stop digging in their heels and do their job working for what is in the best interest of our country and our people. I hope that we see an upturn in the economy. I hope that our men and women serving in the armed forces will soon be able to return to their families. I hope my books coming out in 2013 will be well-received and that readers will be entertained. I hope to make better choices when it comes to taking care of myself. (I don't make resolutions about dieting because I never keep them and then I just feel bad. So, I can only hope...)

I hope we can find some sensibility about gun control and do whatever we can to prevent the carnage we saw this year that claimed so many innocent lives.

I hope my family and friends enjoy good health and the prosperity they each need. I hope to attend at least one writer's conference in 2013 and to meet some other authors I've only gotten to know in cyberspace.

I hope Binky remains healthy and continues to take over my bed, my chair, my apartment and my heart, all the while making me smile.


Here's to 2013!

Let's welcome the New Year with a new attitude, and let's determine to do at least one thing every day that will make the world a better place for someone.


Linda


No comments: