Thursday, March 19, 2015

Vanna Marbury - Dark Horse (Dark Heroes)


Next in the line-up of my book heroines is Vanna Marbury from my novella Dark Horse (Dark Heroes)



I'm a private investigator and I'm also a single mom. So I'm selective about the cases I take on, careful not to put myself in the crosshairs of danger if I don't have to. People think you have to be tough to be a PI. I think it's tougher being a mom. I took on a case trying to recover a stolen colt. How hard could it be to find a stolen thoroughbred colt, solid black with a white star and white boots? Easy, I thought. Unless your search takes you to Lexington, Kentucky where horse farms abound.

I thought I'd found the perfect small stable to board my daughter's horse and keep a low profile for my investigation. I hadn't planned on the likes of Braxton Hicks. Yes, you read that right. The man is named for labor pains and the name fits.

I've had a good track record as an investigator, proud of the fact that (in a manner of speaking), I've always gotten my man. In this case, I just wanted to get my horse. But I ended up with more than I bargained for.


Read the whole story and find out why Brax's name fits with DARK HORSE, available only in ebook at Amazon.com.

No comments: